The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board, through St. Charles Adult and Continuing Education welcomes you to Grade 9. As a secondary student you will have new and exciting times at high school full of opportunities and experiences to look forward to.
Each of our Catholic Secondary Schools are now preparing for their Grade 9 Summer Orientation Program called, “Passport to Grade 9”. This program represents our commitment to provide students with the knowledge and skills to attain success in both their learning and growth in all aspects of life and faith.
The program’s emphasis is on providing a snapshot of the Grade 9 secondary experience by orienting, supporting and meeting the needs of our incoming students. It is taught by fully qualified teachers and focuses on preparing the students for the major differences between their elementary experience and their upcoming secondary school journey.
The Passport to Grade 9 is a two-day program which includes the following:
* The distinctiveness of Catholic Schools and integration of the Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectations;
* The development of Learning Skills and Work Habits;
* Educational Pathways and Career Planning;
* Health and Wellness;
* The values of teamwork and collaboration;
* Orientation to their Secondary School
Please see the attached information for dates, times and specific details for St. Mary CSS.